3 reasons to open a business NOW!
Don’t put off till tomorrow what you can do today…
Are you having difficulty deciding to open a business? Have you been talking about, thinking about, and planning to open a business? Yet, just can’t seem to get started? Putting off a decision to start a business until “the time is right” has an opportunity cost; the cost of continuing on your current path or creating your destiny.
Does your current situation drive you to want to open a business? Often people procrastinate for various reasons and sometimes they never realize their dream. There is no “perfect” time to start a business, however, if this is your dream, you must motivate yourself to move forward in order to see your dream come to fruition.
1. The longer you delay, the longer it will be before you start seeing a return on your investment.
- Every day you put it off that is just one day longer till you can open your business and start to reap the rewards.
- Sometimes people put off their decision because they feel they may be more prepared if they delay.
- Think of an artist when they paint a picture, it will never be complete. On the other hand, an author whose writing is never good enough; push yourself to move forward and open the doors to your dreams.
2. Don’t let fear get in your way.
- Fear is another reason people put off their decision to open a business.
- Fear of the unknown, fear of what might or might not happen
- The best way to get over the fear is to have a good plan, complete lots of research, learn as much as you can about managing a business, and obtain expert advice.
- The Small Business Administration at SBA.gov provides a great deal of free services and information for those who want to start a business. This is a great place to start.
- Keep in mind that everyone who starts a business deals with fear at some point. Know that fear will happen and be prepared for it when it does. Then move forward with your plans.
3. Consider the rewards of opening a business.
- Control your own destiny
- Be your own boss
- Build equity
- Pride of ownership
One of the most common reasons I hear that people want to own their own business is, “I want to work hard for myself, not someone else”. If this is your dream and you have the skills and have prepared for your venture, don’t put it off till tomorrow. Tomorrow may never come.
Contact us for more information on getting started to find the business of your dreams click here or send us an email.
You can own a franchise in 30 days!
Select Franchise Consulting will help narrow your options and find the franchise that is the right fit for you saving you time and frustration. Our consultation will help you make an informed decision. There are thousands of options in franchising. Consult professionals to find the one that is a good fit for your business and lifestyle goals.
This past year there are several franchise options that have come upon my radar that are getting a shout-out on my 30 days-30 franchises blog. Keep following for more insights into owning a business or franchise. Remember owning a business is about matching your skills with the right business and a lot more.